New release of device42 software has added support for documenting IPv6. IPv6 is a critical part of any IP address management software. Few other new features that have been added:
- Inline adding and editing of rooms within a building or datacenter. When you are adding a new building, you can just add rooms right there on the same page.
- When creating rooms you can inline add/edit racks from the same screen.
- Rack numbering can start from either direction and you can now define custom starting number for your rack position.
- Extended Filtering support added on all the list views. e.g., looking at physical devices, you can now filter by building, room, hardware, Operating system etc.
- Search made simple. Separate search boxes for Device name and IP address have been merged into simpler, single search box.