Device42 now offers a no risk, “Transfer and Transform” offer for existing Aperture users. This offer expands the solution capabilities, reduces costs, and transforms the scope of data center management capabilities.
As part of this program, Device42 offers:
- Complementary, no charge porting of Aperture asset data into Device42 software
- Additional functionality for management of the entire IT infrastructure
- A 60-day, no cost, no risk trial of Device42 software
Using pre-built SQL Server views and convenient import templates; migration to Device42 software can be completed in a minimal amount of time, with a maximum degree of reliability and success.
Data migration works in the following manner:
- Data is exported from the Aperture VISTA application by first creating Device42 custom views in the Aperture SQL Server database.
- These views are then exported from Aperture VISTA and saved as .csv or Excel files.
- The exported views are then imported and mapped into Device42’s data architecture.
- Following the import, Device42 automatically creates building, data center, and rack configurations for all rack mounted devices (this completes the import process).
- With the import completed, Device42’s agent-less auto-discovery tool then automatically identifies and maps remaining IP-based network devices and intelligent power equipment for ongoing monitoring and management.
For detailed migration instructions visit: https://docs.device42.com/external-integrations/aperture-vista-to-device42-migration/
Comprehensive Capabilities Added
In addition, Device42 software also provides Aperture users with comprehensive IT infrastructure management capabilities beyond power, space and cooling:
- Data center/IT asset & inventory management
- IP address management
- Password management and tracking
- Patch panel cable management
- Power and environmental monitoring
- Application dependency mapping
- Software license management (optional)
- Power control (optional)
The “Transfer and Transform” migration program will remain in effect until December 1, 2015. To access software supporting the Aperture to Device42 migration visit: https://www.device42.com/migrations/aperture/ .