Service dependency report and api changes in v10.2.0

We are excited to announce v10.2.0 with the following changes:

64 bit only support starting with v10.2.0

We have made some major backend changes that will provide significant performance improvements to many users. With these changes, the 32 bit version of the appliance is no supported. If you are on 32 bit, you can easily migrate to 64 bit by following the steps outlines here:

Service dependency report


We have added a new service dependency report. It list all the source machines, listening ports, services and remote machines that are connected to those services.

FEX ports in rack connectivity view

FEX ports now show up if the FEX module is in a different rack. It also allows drag and drop operations for port connectivity.

Other changes

  • VxVLAN support by increasing the number limit for vlan.
  • Allow for specification of longer date ranges in report creation
  • vServer auto-discovery has better backend library now. It will bring in VM HDD and VMs IPs now as well.

Appliance manager timeout option

We have added ability to set appliance manager timeout value for the session. This is at the same place for global session timeout in the appliance manager.

API Changes

Switch port API changes:

  • tags, tags_and added to GET filters.
  • tags added to get output.
  • tags and tags_remove added to POST call.
  • Get adminusers via api /api/1.0/adminusers/ id, username and groups.
  • /api/1.0/admingroups api to include name, id and members
  • /api/1.0/custom_fields/device/ added as end point for device custom fields for consistency (with other custom field urls)
  • DNS records DELETE API call added (/api/1.0/dns/records/)
  • Update Category of Passwords via API & Imports/exports

Bug Fixes

  • Nexus switches – newer versions, discovered serial # was not correct. Fixed.
  • VMs were not being deleted in vmware auto-discovery. Now fixed.
  • Download Current Data for Service Ports was not working. Now fixed.
  • Appcomp custom fields re-importable export was adding IDs with column name as “name” incorrectly. Now fixed.
  • Serial lookup for device custom field when updating device by serial # in custom field api call was wrong. Now fixed.
  • Fixed duplicate for device certificate section in certificates.
  • Certificate autodiscovery spec permissions not working correctly. Now fixed.
  • Centering issue for certificate heat map is fixed.

Link to update

Current customers can download the latest version of Device42 update file from:

If you haven’t given Device42 a try yet, you can download a free trial from:

Share this post

About the author